Home Is Where The Heart Is
Join us for a captivating evening on the beautiful grounds of Cornerstone of Hope in Independence. An enchanting outdoor dining experience with unforgettable ambiance, food and drink await you under the stars!
Silent & Live Auction
For our guests, one of the most anticipated parts of the Gala is the Silent and Live Auction. It will will include many exciting items such as salon & spa service, a trip to Tuscany, women’s accessories, and a guided rowing excursion on Lake Erie.
Interested in donating an auction item?
With your generous donation, you help raise even more funds for grievers. Please consider contributing unique items or gift cards to local restaurants, salons and spas, wineries and such. Contact Debbie Galland at 216-407-0019 regarding your donation.
All donations are 100% tax deductible (Tax ID # 34-1945499). Thank you for your impactful donation.
- Hot air balloon ride for two
- Helicopter tour
- Winery tour & tasting for two
- Travel accommodations for a vacation to beachside property, a cabin in the woods, and/or a mountain retreat
- Friday, May 14, 2021 – Last day to donate an auction item with event program recognition
- Friday, May 21, 2021 – RSVP end date to sponsor or purchase tickets
Making An Impact – Sponsorship Levels
If you or your company is looking to make a lasting impact in the lives of grieving families, please consider the Gala Sponsorships below. As a Gala Sponsor, your philanthropic support will make an enduring influence on grievers through our most critical programs. All sponsorships include ticket benefits and wine service at table.
For Sponsorship Opportunities, please contact Debbie Galland at Debbie@cornerstoneofhope.org or 216-407-0019.
Proceeds will benefit Cornerstone of Hope’s services for Traumatic Loss.
At Cornerstone of Hope, our clients range from a teen who has lost a sibling to violence, to a parent who has lost a child to suicide, to a wife who has lost a spouse to overdose. Our Traumatic Loss Groups each have a specialized curriculum to address the emotions and experiences that can accompany grief due to loss from overdose, suicide, or murder. Within these groups, individuals have a safe place to share their feelings which can be raw, painful, and misunderstood by others. With the help of our professional facilitators and the support of others, grieving individuals who can express their complicated emotions, feel worthy to grieve, and learn healthy coping strategies.
Traumatic Loss In 2020
- 5 Ohioans each day commit suicide (Ohio Suicide Prevention Foundation)
- Homicide rate was up 30%–50% in Northeast Ohio (Cleveland.com)
- 425+ overdose deaths in Cuyahoga County (Cuyahoga County Medical Examiner’s Office)
Our Response (Estimated Numbers for 2021)
- 100 new clients seek support each month
- 2,250+ hours of individual counseling in 2021
- Hosting 2021 Victims of Violence monthly group
- Served 400+ individuals in Education Series for Suicide Loss & Overdose Loss in the past 2 years
- 32 specialized bereavement support groups offered in 2021