Home Is Where The Heart Is
Join us for a captivating evening on the beautiful grounds of Cornerstone of Hope in Independence. Dress in your best summer cocktail attire for an enchanting outdoor dining experience with unforgettable ambiance, food and drink under the stars! Registration will open for the evening at 5:30pm.
Silent & Live Auction
For our guests, one of the most anticipated parts of the Gala is the Silent and Live Auction. It will will include many exciting items such as salon & spa service, a trip to Tuscany, women’s accessories, and a guided rowing excursion on Lake Erie.
PARTICIPATE IN OUR GALA AUCTION DROP OFF
Thursday, April 29 & Friday, April 30, 2021 | 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
We invite you to donate a product or service for our auction and drop off at Cornerstone of Hope at our Gala Auction Drop Off. Proceeds from the Gala and auctions will support Cornerstone of Hope’s Traumatic Loss programs and services, and your contribution will enable us to continue serving grieving families.
Enjoy refreshments at Cornerstone of Hope as you drop off a new or unique item, plus you will be entered to win some fantastic prizes, including two tickets to the Annual Benefit Gala, two tickets to Taste of Hope, and a local restaurant gift card.
- Hot air balloon ride for two
- Helicopter tour
- Winery tour & tasting for two
- Travel accommodations for a vacation to beachside property, a cabin in the woods, and/or a mountain retreat
Interested in donating an auction item but cannot attend?
Contact Debbie Galland at 216-407-0019 regarding your donation.
All donations are 100% tax deductible (Tax ID # 34-1945499). Thank you for your impactful donation.
- Thursday, April 29 & Friday, April 30, 2021 – Gala Auction Drop Off
- Friday, May 14, 2021 – Last day to donate an auction item with event program recognition
- Friday, May 21, 2021 – RSVP end date to sponsor or purchase tickets
Proceeds will benefit Cornerstone of Hope’s services for Traumatic Loss.
At Cornerstone of Hope, our clients range from a teen who has lost a sibling to violence, to a parent who has lost a child to suicide, to a wife who has lost a spouse to overdose. Our Traumatic Loss Groups each have a specialized curriculum to address the emotions and experiences that can accompany grief due to loss from overdose, suicide, or murder. Within these groups, individuals have a safe place to share their feelings which can be raw, painful, and misunderstood by others. With the help of our professional facilitators and the support of others, grieving individuals who can express their complicated emotions, feel worthy to grieve, and learn healthy coping strategies.
Traumatic Loss In 2020
- 5 Ohioans each day commit suicide (Ohio Suicide Prevention Foundation)
- Homicide rate was up 30%–50% in Northeast Ohio (Cleveland.com)
- 425+ overdose deaths in Cuyahoga County (Cuyahoga County Medical Examiner’s Office)
Our Response (Estimated Numbers for 2021)
- 100 new clients seek support each month
- 2,250+ hours of individual counseling in 2021
- Hosting 2021 Victims of Violence monthly group
- Served 400+ individuals in Education Series for Suicide Loss & Overdose Loss in the past 2 years
- 32 specialized bereavement support groups offered in 2021