About Cornerstone’s Education Programs
For the last 18 years, Cornerstone of Hope has provided excellent clinical services and programs to bereaved children, teens, and adults. In addition, we have led the way in providing training on all aspects of grief and loss to community agencies, businesses, universities, hospitals, and churches. Please browse our offerings, and then register for these upcoming programs using any of the register now buttons below. Programs are held at Cornerstone of Hope, located at 5905 Brecksville Road, Independence, Ohio 44131, unless otherwise noted. Click here to join our monthly email list so you can stay up to date with our announcements, upcoming trainings and reminders.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who may attend? Continuing education programs are open to any community professional including, but not limited to, Social Workers, Counselors, Nurses, Funeral Directors, School Staff, AND Church Leaders.
- What credits are available? Most programs have been approved by the Counselor and Social Worker Board through provider number #RCS070701. The Nursing Board accepts continuing education hours approved by any other credentialing agency. Please call 216.524.4673 to see if Funeral Director credits are available for the program.
- What is your late or cancellation policy? Please arrive on time for all scheduled workshops. If you arrive late to a workshop you will not receive a certificate. Partial credit will not be given. In order to receive a CEU certificate, you must be present for the entire workshop. Refunds are available if you cancel in advance of 48 hours prior to the program. Please note that any program with less than 4 people registered will be canceled 48 hours prior to the program date. All participants who have signed up will be notified by phone and will be issued a refund.
- What payment types are accepted? Pre-payment is required in advance for all programs. You may pay via credit card during online registration.
Upon registering and payment for CEU programs, registrants will receive an email verifying submission and registration. If you do not receive an email, your registration is not complete.
Cornerstone of Hope Bereavement Training Institute 2021 Courses
Evening Education Series
These evening programs allow you to learn new techniques to improve your everyday practice.
Please check back soon for 2021 continuing education opportunities.
Busch Funeral & Crematory Services Partner Programs
Offered as a partnership between Cornerstone of Hope, Busch Funeral & Crematory Services & Crossroads Hospice Charitable Foundation.
Anticipatory Grief During A Time Of Covid – FREE Summer Program
The concept of anticipatory grief changed with the introduction of the pandemic last year. COVID changed our ability to grieve ahead of time, to say goodbye to loved ones who were dying in hospitals and facilities, and to have funerals. This has all impacted the bereavement journey for grievers. Join us as we explore those differences, and where we go from here.
Wednesday, June 23, 2021
Breakfast & Registration – 8:30 a.m.
Program – 9 a.m. – 11 a.m.
Held at Busch Funeral & Crematory Service
7501 Ridge Road, Parma, 44129
Presenter – Julia Ellifritt, LISW-S Cornerstone of Hope Executive Director
CEUs – 2 CEUs for Social Workers, Counselors, Nurses and Funeral Directors
Free to attend. Register by Monday, June 21.
Grief Group Facilitation Training
Cornerstone of Hope’s Grief Group Facilitation Training provides the necessary knowledge and skills that will allow you to conduct grief support groups at Cornerstone of Hope, as a member of our PRN Staff. Grief Group Facilitation Training is open to licensed professionals interested in facilitating support groups at Cornerstone of Hope. This course is designed to be educational and interactive, with opportunities to explore personal loss histories, and is facilitated by licensed professionals. Training is offered two times per year and CEU’s are available. Attendees must attend all 3 training sessions.
Spring 2021 Training
March 16, 17, and 23 from 6 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. each evening, dinner is provided
Fall 2021 Training
August 31, September 1, and September 7 from 6 p.m. – 8 p.m. each evening, dinner is provided
School Crisis Training | Virtual Event
Schools have their own crisis plan, however, the challenge is having enough trained staff to meet the need when there is a sudden loss. This program is designed for private and public schools who intend on developing a team within your district, or in combination with other schools/districts, to serve the needs of the school administration and student body after the loss of a student or teacher.
Spring 2021 Training
February 25, March 4, and March 11 from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. each day. Participants must attend all dates.
Julia Ellifritt, LISW-S | Has 35 years experience working in the field of grief and loss. She is currently employed at Cornerstone of Hope as their Executive Director and teaches the Grief, Death and Loss course at CWRU.
Pete Bliss, TH.D.,D.MIN. | Has been working in crisis intervention around the greater Cleveland area for nearly 30 years and regularly provides suicide prevention and loss response training for law enforcement teams, first responders and a wide array of other community service providers.
Robert Pickard, LPCC-S | Is a trained EMDR counselor with extensive experience working in the field of trauma care.
- Cost – $225 per person | Zoom link will be provided prior to event
- CEUs – 15 for social workers, nurses and counselors
Joining us for these half-day programs will allow for an in-depth discussion of the featured topic. Program includes breakfast.
Please check back soon for 2021 dates.