Important COVID-19 Update
Updated Wednesday, May 13, 2020 at 9:00am
To our valued Cornerstone Clients, Partners & Friends, be assured that we are committed to support you during this transitional period. Click here to view a letter from our Clinical Director, Deana Thatcher.
Updated Thursday, May 1, 2020 at 5:00pm
The well being of our clients and staff has always been our primary concern. As we as a community navigate best practices to keep each other safe in the wake of recent events, we wanted to share with you how we are responding to ensure the safest environment for everyone who entrusts us to care for them.
- Staff will return and begin welcoming clients to the office on May 4, 2020. Clients will have the option in person sessions or telehealth sessions and may choose whichever one best meets their needs unless there is a clinical or compelling safety reason that necessitates one type of visit over the other.
- All counseling sessions will now be held in the larger counseling rooms where seating is now comfortably distanced to allow for at least six feet of personal space.
- For everyone’s safety, staff are required to take their temperature and perform the COVID 19 Screening within the 2 hour time frame before reporting to the office. Staff report these findings and any concerns to the Clinical Director.
- Any staff with signs or symptoms of COVID 19 will not be permitted to work in the office.
- Face coverings are required when in common areas of the office.
- Clients joining us in the office will be asked the COVID-19 screening questions before each session and new clients will also be asked before a new session is scheduled. Anyone identifying sign or symptoms will be offered Telehealth services and not seen in the office.
- Staff will clean / disinfect counseling rooms and supplies utilized after each session and will practice appropriate hand hygiene after every client. Clinicians will observe infection control best practices when utilizing surfaces or items in session with clients.
- All rooms will be cleaned after each client and again at the end of the day. Items in the reception area and common spaces will be cleaned several times a day.
For more information, please call 614.824.4285. Thank you so much for your cooperation as we implement these safety measures.
Updated Thursday, March 19, 2020 at 5:00pm
As we continue to learn about the coronavirus (COVID-19) like many of you, we are taking the necessary steps to minimize its impact on Cornerstone of Hope’s services and programs. Nothing is more important to us than the safety and well-being of our clients, volunteers, staff, and interns. Cornerstone of Hope remains committed to providing you hope, while we are adapting our daily activities to meet the guidelines set forth by the Center for Disease Control Prevention (CDC) and the State of Ohio. We understand the difficulty of the situation and we are here to support you in every way possible.
In response to these challenges, we’re pleased to announce that we are now offering Telehealth, a virtual counseling service. Telehealth will allow us to continue offering our grief counseling services while minimizing interruption of services and upholding a high standard of care. Offering Telehealth will also allow us to provide counseling to anyone in the state of Ohio through video and phone conferencing. Please call our office to schedule an appointment. Click here to learn more about Telehealth.
At this time we have cancelled or postponed the following events over the next few weeks:
- Spring Support Groups will tentatively begin the week of April 19th
- Nature of Grief – Cancelled
- Pain to Purpose Weekend Retreat – Rescheduled to November 1-3, 2020
- Signature Event: A Night in Monte Carlo – Rescheduled to Saturday, September 26, 2020
- Grief Matters – March and April dates have been cancelled. Will resume in May.
We will continue to keep our website updated with the latest information about rescheduled dates and additional information. We will continue to closely monitor the situation as it develops and take the necessary steps to ensure everyone’s safety. As always, you are in our prayers.
Cornerstone of Hope Team